Schedule of Events for ideaFest 2020
Friday, May 1st, 2020
Last day to register for ideaFest 2020 is May 1st, 2020 by 4:59 p.m.
Monday, May 4th, 2020
Registered participants will be encouraged to publish their projects/posters online at Humboldt Digital Commons.
Deadline to submit digital work is Monday, May 4th, 2020 by 4:59 p.m.
Monday, May 4th - Friday, May 8, 2020
Welcome to ideaFest 2020! We are all excited for the opportunity to support the dissemination of research & creative activities at Humboldt State University through a virtual symposium this year! We have many activities planned this week for students, staff, and faculty!
Full Schedule of Events for ideaFest Week:
Monday May 4, 2020
- Digital Gallery Viewing open all week long! To see this year’s poster presentations Click Here!
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- 12:00 - 1:00pm: Brain Booth Meditation Hour with Therése Scott. Join us for a session of Somatic meditation!
Katia G. Karadjova, Brain Booth Librarian
- 12:00 - 1:00pm: A Celebration of Art, Education, and Partnerships with Local Schools
James Woglom, Art 498S, spring 2020
- 1:00 - 2:00pm: Live Featured Student Presentations
- Cameron Miller: A Geospatial Inventory of the Jacoby Creek Forest & Potential for Restoration Thinning
- Chant’e Catt: Humboldt Tenant Landlord Collaboration Assessment
- Henry Solares, Travis Cunha, Casey McCullough, Leonard Henderson, Mary Virnoche: Major-Based Peer Mentoring: A Process Evaluation of a 14 Department Program Scale Up
- Mishell Lopez Kirk: The Effectiveness of A Matter of Balance on Rural Community Dwelling Veterans and Non Veterans
- Valetta Malofsky: Cultural Starvation: Out of the Ashes We Rise
- Courtney Perry: Effects of a Dual-Task Paradigm on Tandem Gait Performance After Concussion
- Sondra Schwetman – HSU Sculpture Walk 2020
Friday, May 8, 2020
- Friday Morning: HSU Artifact Project (Jolien Olsen's English 103 Class)
Stay tuned for digital press by Jolien Olsen (Check back here for updates)
- 1:00-1:50pm: HSU Applied Ecological Restoration Research Symposium
Alison O’Dowd, ESM 455, Spring 2020
- 2:00-3:00pm: Legacy Project Presentations
Zoom Link – Join Zoom Meeting - Meeting ID: 301463614
Beth Wilson, ECON 490 Class, Spring 2020
- 4:00- 5:00pm: Live Featured Student Presentations
- Samuel Lipiec, leanna Spoelstra, Dr. Alison Holmes: Building Support for Study Abroad at HSU
- Sarah Holden: A Symbol of Hope: An Ethnographic Analysis of Religion and Disaster following the Camp Fire
- Carrie Aigner, Nina Egbert, Brianna Roque, Heather Reynolds, Corinne Tighe, Kimberly Vazquez: Examining Stigma as a Predictor of Formal vs Informal Help-Seeking Among College Students
- Holli Pruhsmeier: Avian Occurrence Data Extraction Using Python Programming
- Adam Grimmitt: The Effect of Turn Angle and Turn Frequency on the Energetic Cost of Running
- Cade Freels, Carla P. Quintero, Samantha A. Anger, Joshua Maldonado, Will Gannett, Ruth Saunders: Scaling Resistance with Channel Length for Carbon Nanotube Networks
This year’s virtual ideaFest is sponsored by the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs, Marketing & Communications, HSU”s Center for Community Based Learning, and the HSU Library in collaboration with the Colleges.